From your pastor’s heart
Can you believe… that summer is already here? We have many exciting things planned for this summer. Allow me to mention a few:
- Sunday, June 4 – Lord’s Supper in morning worship. This is always a very special time in our church family, and it will be a meaningful day of worship.
- Wednesday, June 7 – Blood Drive. They will be setting up on the “stage side” of the worship center. If you would like to participate, it would be helpful if you would sign up in Guest Services so they will have an idea about how many are coming. This is a great way to show love for the community and those in need of precious blood.
- June 12-16 – Vacation Bible School. The theme this year is “Operation Arctic.” Our children love VBS and so do those in the neighborhood. If you would like to help in some way, contact Tracey Kelly or Leslie Tisdale. There will be a VBS Volunteer Appreciation Lunch on Sunday, June 4 at noon. You will receive your materials and your T-Shirt. Be praying for this week. We always have decisions for Christ and we are able to bless a lot of lives.
- Sunday, June 25 – Church Without Doors will be assisted by our church. If you would like more information about the service and the feeding of a meal, contact the church office or Rick Perry. This is a growing ministry in our church and people of all ages can participate.
- On that same evening (June 25) . . . The Dills will be here in concert at 6:00 pm. Our church has come to love this Gospel Music group. They have music that seems to please both young and old. They are always a lot of fun and I appreciate how they point to Jesus.
Also, don’t forget the Patriotic Service… on Sunday, July 2. This is such a moving service as we celebrate our freedom in our country and in Christ. We recognize those who have served our country in the military.